WASHINGTON, DC - Announcing the results of the 2022 William Lowell Putnam Mathematical Competition, the most prestigious mathematics competition for undergraduates.
The Mathematical Association of America is proud to recognize all students and institutions participating in this year’s Putnam Competition. We extend a special congratulations to the Putnam Fellows, the winner of the Elizabeth Lowell Putnam Prize, and the top-scoring teams for their dedication and outstanding performances. The future of mathematics is bright because of these students, and we look forward to their continued success.
Michael Pearson, MAA Executive Director
I would like to congratulate each and every student participant in this year's Putnam Competition. No matter how well a student performs in the competition, the experience of engaging intensely with challenging problems develops the student's mathematical power and creativity. Kudos to every participant
Daniel Ullman, Putnam Competition Director
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Harvard University
- Stanford University
- University of Maryland, College Park
- Yale University
- Mingyang Deng, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Papon Lapate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Brian Liu, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Luke Robitaille, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Daniel Zhu, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Binwei Yan, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The Mathematical Association of America is the world’s largest community of mathematicians, students, and enthusiasts. We accelerate the understanding of our world through mathematics because mathematics drives society and shapes our lives.